If someone’s negligence caused you to miss work or compromised your future earning capacity, you're generally entitled to compensation for these losses.
Victims can seek lost income in all kinds of injury cases, including motor vehicle crashes, truck collisions, construction site incidents, or any other personal injury claim.
What Does Lost Income Include?
Lost income in a personal injury claim may include:
- Compensation for time off work due to the injury
- Vacation or sick time spent on recovery, as well as paid time off that didn't accrue while you were out of work
- Overtime payments that you were unable to earn due to the injury
- Bonuses or commissions that you were unable to receive
- Missed opportunities for raises or promotions due to injury
- Income from secondary sources, such as paid hobbies or freelance work, you were unable to earn because you were injured
- Lost ability to earn a living in the future due to limitations, work restrictions, or permanent disability
A Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
The Texas personal injury lawyers at Samples Ames PLLC can help determine how your condition affects your income now and in the future. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, our lawyers will work with your doctors and with life-care planners to give the jury a complete understanding of your ongoing needs.
Simply fill out the brief contact form on this page to set up your initial case review. Your consultation is free, and we don't charge anything unless we win your case.