Victims are entitled to compensation for expenses resulting from their injuries, but people who suffered severe or disabling injuries may experience effects that continue long after the conclusion of their case.
Types of Pain and Suffering in Personal Injury Cases
There are many forms of pain and suffering that materially disrupt your life, including:
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish from added stress or depression
- Fear or discomfort caused by emotional trauma
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement from facial scarring or the loss of a limb
- Inability to do activities you previously performed or enjoyed
- Irreversible decline in quality of life
- Loss of the personal relationship of a family member due to wrongful death
Since there are no exact figures associated with pain and suffering, non-economic damages are much more difficult to calculate than economic ones.
Victims often need to provide medical evidence and personal statements to illustrate just how much the injury impacted their lives. These claims are further complicated by the limitations Texas law places on the amount of non-economic damages victims may receive, as well as time limits on how long victims have to file a lawsuit.
Talk To a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
The slip and fall attorneys at Samples Ames PLLC represent people and families throughout Texas to obtain fair compensation for their pain and suffering—and we don't charge anything unless we win your case.
Please fill out the brief contact form on this page to set up your free initial case review.